NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Project: Roof Replacement at FACS Building and High School Building.
Bid Date: Monday, November 26, 2012
Sealed proposals will be accepted for the Spring Hill roof replacement project for the Spring Hill School District. The bids will be received on 2:00 p.m., on Monday, November 26 at the Spring Hill Elementary Conference room at which time they will be read aloud. Bids will not be accepted after the stated time.
A voluntary pre-bid conference will be held at the Office of the Superintendent on Tuesday, November 20 at 10:00 a.m. Attendance is not mandatory but strongly encouraged.
The project generally consist of replacing approx. 14,680 sqft of shingle roof.
The bid documents may be examined at the Superintendents Office, Spring Hill School District, 633 Hwy 355 W, Hope, Arkansas.
1. All bid proposals must be submitted on a copy of the bid form supplied by the Spring Hill School District. Bids must be submitted in a sealed, opaque envelope, with the project name and bidders name clearly labeled in a legible manner.
2. Contractors bid proposals exceeding $20,000 must be licensed in the State of Arkansas, as provided by Act 142 of 1967 amended by Act 293 of 1969, and Act 397 of 1971, and Act 546 of 1971, as enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Arkansas.
3. Bid proposals exceeding $20,000 must be accompanied by a bidder’s bond or cashier’s check in the amount of five percent (5%) of the bid, made payable to the owner.
4. The successful bidder will be required to furnish satisfactory performance and payment bond using the Arkansas Statutory Bond Form. Contractor bids must include the cost of furnishing a Performance and Payment Bond.
5. All bids exceeding $20,000 shall include a notarized statement included in the bid form affirming that the bidder has not been involved in any collusion with other bidders or public officials with regard to the price or terms of a prospective contract in accordance with Act 2161 of 2005.
6. The Spring Hill’s schedule: All bidders must supply necessary forces and materials to complete the work as shown. Bidders are required to review the schedule in its entirely prior to bid submittals.
7. The Owner reserves the right to reject any and/or all bids and to waive any informally or irregularly in any bid.
8. The basis of the award shall be on a best value assessment of the bid amount as well as the bidder’s proven ability to meet the quality, schedule, and safety requirements of the Project.
9. It shall be the responsibility of each bidder to fully avail themselves of all bid documents relevant information in the preparation of their bid.
It is also the bidder’s responsibility to familiarize themselves thoroughly with the site conditions and the requirements specific to the owner’s operations. No concession shall be made after bid due to an incomplete review of the documents or site conditions.
10. No bid shall be withdrawn for a period of thirty (30) days subsequent to the opening of the bids, without the consent of the Owner.