SWADC building evacuated for a short time because of smoke
The Southwest Arkansas Development Council was evacuated for about 30 minutes Tuesday morning after firefighters responded to a call, an official said.
Fire Chief Bobby Honea said a fan motor on the air conditioning system burned a belt and smoke was reported.
The building is located in the 1000 block of Jefferson Avenue.
The firefighters found the source of the smoke and were able to bring the situation under control.
The all clear was later given for people to go back into the building.