Daylight Saving Time. Some love it, some hate it.
One Arkansas lawmaker wants to do away with it—at least in the Natural State.
State Rep. Sarah Capp of Ozark filed a bill in the Legislature Monday to have Arkansas observe Standard Time all year round. This isn't the first time such legislation has been proposed. It was defeated in the state House back in 2015.
The proposal would have more of an effect here in Texarkana than in most parts of the state. Unless Texas makes a similar move, half the Twin Cities would be a hour ahead of the other for about half the year. That could get a bit confusing.
We want to know what you think. Do you support Arkansas going to Standard Time all year round? Or are you against the idea?
Send your response (50 words maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, Feb. 14. You can also mail your response to the Texarkana Gazette Friday Poll, at P.O. Box 621, Texarkana, TX 75504 or drop it off at our office, 101 E. Broad St, Texarkana, Ark. Be sure to include your name, address and phone number. We will print as many responses as we can in next Friday's paper.
Last Week: Prison or Parole?
Last week's question was about the possible parole of Leslie Van Houten, a Charles Manson "family" member who was convicted in 1971 in the brutal and gruesome murders of Los Angeles businessman Leno LaBianca and his wife Rosemary. Has Van Houton paid her debt to society and should she be released on parole? Or should she remain behind bars?
- If she wasn't involved then she should be let out. That would only be fair.
- If they would have shot em all by firing squad in 1972 this conversation wouldn't be happening now!
- That's 48 years ago. Let her out.
- Parole shouldn't be a word.
- Let her out. Then kill her!
- Remain in prison. Murderers should not walk free.
- Tax payers will support her for the remainder of her life anyway, not her supporters, location does not matter. She will be better taken care of in prison. I say she should stay.
- If you kill someone intentionally. You should be put down as well or spend the remaining amount of your life in solitary confinement.
- Remain behind bars.
- I think it's clear she should be paroled.
- Keep her in there she should never walk our world again. She could have left that cult. She chose to stay.
- She should remain behind bars.