Workforce Solutions Northeast Texas is partnering with Texarkana College to provide assistance and training for workers who were laid off from the Red River Army Depot.
Training programs are free to eligible dislocated workers and some courses can be completed a few weeks. All programs are taught at Texarkana College and are led by experienced, professional faculty members with years of hands-on experience in their field.
Information sessions will be as follows:
- Today, 2-4 p.m., Greater Texarkana Workforce Center
- Friday, 9-11 a.m., Texarkana College at the new Workforce Training Center, 2500 N. Robison Road.
- Thursday, Jan. 3, 9-11 a.m., Greater Texarkana Workforce Center
Eligible training programs include the following:
- Air Conditioning/Heating and Refrigeration
- Associate Degree Nursing
- Associate Degree Nursing Transition
- Automotive Technology
- Automated Office Personnel
- Business Administration, AAS
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Commercial Driver's License/Truck Driver Training
- Computer Technology & Information Systems A+
- Computer Technology & Information Systems AAS
- Computer Technology & Information Systems Cisco Networking
- Computer Networking AAS
- Computer Technology & Information Systems Networking Admin
- Construction Technology
- Dental Assisting Program
- Diesel Technology
- Electronics Technology/Instrumentation AAS
- Electronics Technology/Basic Certificate Level One
- Electronics Technology/Advanced Certificate Level One
- Electrician Technology
- Licensed Vocational Nursing Certificate
- Office Careers
- Pharmacy Technician
To be eligible for financial assistance, attendees must meet the following criteria: Laid off from Red River Army Depot or one of its contractors within the last year; still be unemployed or underemployed; be a United States citizen or legal resident alien; and, if male, be registered with Selective Service.
Registration is available at www.learn.texarkanacollege.edu/RRAD or by calling Shannon at Workforce Solutions Northeast Texas at 903-794-4163 ext 129.