President Joe Biden has been in office for a year now.
Many Americans are unhappy with his presidency. His poll numbers aren't too good.
But others remain firm supporters.
We want to know what you think. How has President Biden done in his first year in office? If you voted for President Biden, are you happy with your choice?
Send your response (50 words maximum) to [email protected] by Wednesday, January 26. You can also mail your response to the Texarkana Gazette Friday Poll, at P.O. Box 621, Texarkana, TX 75504 or drop it off at our office, 101 E. Broad St, Texarkana, Ark. Be sure to include your name, address and phone number. We will print as many responses as we can in next Friday's paper.
Last Week: Hard to Find?
Last week's question was about shortages on retailers' shelves. Would items have you found to be hard to find recently in Texarkana stores?
There has been a shortage of chicken wings for months. I guess restaurants are paying grocery stores a pretty penny so they get first dibs on supplies, before regular customers. Also, shortage of frozen onion rings and Rice Krispies cereal. -- R.K., Texarkana, Texas
- Saltines are hard to find.
- I'm not in Texarkana but recently I tried purchasing our dog food, through tractor supply online. It wasn't available for pickup until today. I called to have it canceled and the closest store that had it was Atlanta TX. I was in De Queen AR. But live in Little River County. I ended up going with another brand that they can eat, that was higher. Would've spent more driving to Atlanta and back.
- Took a whole week after i tested positive for my prescription to be ready at cvs.
- I work at Dollar General and we are having trouble keeping ibuprofen, saltine crackers, Frito chips, motor oil, toys, cake mixes, eggs, and nose sprays. When we do get these things on the shelf people tend to buy them all at once out of fear. We had a local dctor tell us right before the surge hit that it was about to hit our community and we stocked up on supplies for the store to use to clean and disinfect with, thank God. It happed just like she said also . My store has been lucky and only I have been whammied! Not every store has such luck. Some get hit and it slowly makes its rounds through the whole crew .
- Lunchables, Fritos, pineapple juice
- WalMart in Texarkana AR was almost a empty shelf of NyQuil med
- Milk and my normal dog food
- Pineapple juice, paper plates,, vitamin C and Red Bull lol
- Purple hull peas
- Deans French Onion and Ranch Dip, apple juice!
- Saltine crackers and chicken
- And you think this is being caused by the omicron? Why was everybody short staffed and empty shelves before it was the omicron? Businesses have had to cut their hours, close more days and raise their prices and had empty shelves before they were calling it the omicron.
- Can't get prescription medication. They say it is on backorder. Been waiting a week so far. It's a commonly used med. Word of advice, don't wait until you completely run out of medicine before you refill. The pharmacy may not have it.
- If all the stores would set a per customer per visit limit the panic buying wouldn't be as big of an issue!
- Valentine's candy is readily available.
- Meat is super expensive, especially bacon. Certainly breads have been out of stock. Walmart and the roadrunner on kings highway is completely out of Red Bull.
- Definitely chicken and saltines.
- Saltines and pasta.