Today's Paper Digital FAQ Podcast Latest Obits HER Jobs Classifieds Newsletters Puzzles Circulars
story.lead_photo.caption Lennon Davis, Christy Wedgeworth

TEXARKANA, Texas — The mother of a 10-month-old boy who died from serious injuries allegedly caused by his stepfather has also been arrested.

Detectives investigating the case against Joshua Lowe recently learned that the child's mother, Christy Wedgeworth, 24, had known about her husband's abuse of both her children and had allegedly not done anything to stop it or protect them, according to the Texarkana Texas Police Department. Wedgeworth also allegedly failed to seek medical treatment for any of these previous injuries, which included at least one broken bone.

Wedgeworth has been arrested on charges of injury of a child with intentional bodily injury and injury to a child with intentional serious bodily injury. She was arrested on Tuesday and booked into the Bi-State jail. Her bond has been set at $500,000 for each charge, for a total of $1 million.

Lowe was arrested last week on a capital murder charge after the child died in a Little Rock hospital.

With the evidence of all these prior incidents of abuse, allegedly perpetrated by Lowe, of both the little boy who died and his 4-year-old sister, Detective Cliff Harris filed two additional charges against him.

The charges are injury to a child with intentional bodily injury and injury to a child with intentional serious bodily injury. Both are felonies. Lowe's total bond, including the capital murder charge, is now set at $7.6 million.

A man who lived with Lowe and Wedgeworth at their Bowie Street home was also arrested Tuesday.

Lennon Davis, 42, was charged with injury to a child with intentional bodily injury after Harris discovered that Davis had recently hit the 4-year-old girl, who has special needs, several times with an object and left bruises on much of her body. He was reportedly upset that she had broken his plant while he was not home.

Davis is also being being held in the Bi-State jail. His bond is set at $10,000.

Shawn Vaughn, spokesman for TTPD, said the department is thankful for the dedication Harris has put into the case.

"This is such a sad and difficult case all the way around," Vaughn said. "Cases such as this one take a huge emotional toll on those tasked to investigate them."

COMMENTS - It looks like you're using Internet Explorer, which isn't compatible with our commenting system. You can join the discussion by using another browser, like Firefox or Google Chrome.
It looks like you're using Microsoft Edge. Our commenting system is more compatible with Firefox and Google Chrome.